Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Business System Analyst 2 eligible list
OR be eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible to transfer under 52.6, candidates must have one year of permanent
Competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a grade 21 or higher designated 52.6.
Duties Description BUSINESS ANALYST ACTIVITIES
* Perform the duties of a Lead Business Analyst for LGSA projects and initiatives as assigned.
* Participate in the requirements gathering process for new and/or existing Division applications.
* Document requirements which adhere to Agency/industry standards for use by technical staff, developers and subject matter experts.
* Work with subject matter experts to validate requirements.
* Collaborate with project team members in the development of the to-be state.
* Document the as-is state of other Division applications and processes.
* Develop test plans and test scenarios and perform testing when assigned. Organize and report testing results.
* Keep abreast of evolving Business Analysis standards within OSC as well as practices used by other government organizations and businesses and share new information with LGSA’s other Business Analysts.
* Strive to provide excellent communication with project, group or team members which could include technical and business unit staff on any project or initiative assigned.
* Manage and supervise staff including assigning and delegating work.
* Serve as a mentor for less senior Business Analysts and work to develop staff’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Prepare and deliver performance evaluations and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate, including making suggestions for appropriate training courses to enhance staff skills and abilities
* Respond to requests for technical assistance from supported customers. Acknowledge the request and proceed to either handle the request or route to appropriate staff. Ensure customers are satisfied with the resolution.
* Provide feedback to management and stakeholder representatives on technical issues as requested.
* Provide implementation and post implementation support.
* Continually create, review, revise, and update technical documentation.
* Provide training on systems, applications and data access through formal and informal training sessions as assigned.
* Respond to, or assist with, data requests or reports for supported systems.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Previous experience working as a Business Analyst within a project team
* Strong knowledge and use of technology
* Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and organizational skills
* Ability to interact with technical and business staff
* Work well in a team environment
* Positive attitude
* LGSA’s BSA staff work closely with OSC’s PgMO to ensure that we conduct our projects and business analysis activities in a consistent manner with the approaches adopted by OSC’s Business Analysis Center of Excellence (BACOE). We would like our BSA2 to serve as a liaison to the BACOE and keep abreast of any new standards, approaches or relevant training.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than December 13, 2018. Please reference Item #03761 – GOER-SAB when responding. Must be immediately reachable on the Civil Service list or eligible for transfer. If you are not on the list, or in a civil service title eligible for transfer, you are not eligible for this position.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.