Office of Information Technology Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming).
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-16 or above eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming). If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming), you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department's (NYSED) Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming) position. The incumbent of this position will work as a member of the application development team, provide programming support for NYSED's enterprise applications, and develop Information Technology (IT) solutions to support the business needs of NYSED. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop, modify, and implement responsive and accessible web-based applications based on approved program specifications;
• Collaborate with program office and IT staff to understand the business requirements of the information systems;
• Analyze and recommend system modifications, and determine the impact of proposed changes;
• Identify and troubleshoot problems and implement necessary solutions;
• Conduct unit and integration testing of application components;
• Assist with system maintenance activities;
• Work closely with IT technical unit staff to conduct business systems analysis and design ;
• Ensure that systems and procedures are properly documented, meet Department standards, and follow generally accepted IT practices;
• Work within different development frameworks, including Struts 2 and Spring; and
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. This position requires occasional off-shift night and weekend work.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 19, 2018 to email@example.com (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-340/51836) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-340/51836) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.