Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description If you are a forward-thinking Human Resources professional or aspiring Human Resources professional, then this is the right opportunity for you! Human Resources Specialists perform various human resources (personnel) and employee services activities in such areas as recruitment, Civil Service examination, placement, position classification and compensation, benefits, health and safety, staff development, and labor relations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform various activities related to staffing, classification, compensation, examination development, employee transactions, employee services and benefits, and time and attendance.
• Working closely with and developing relationships with program managers and staff for the effective accomplishment of program and Division of Human Resources Management work priorities.
• Providing technical assistance and guidance to program managers on a variety of human resources, labor relations and civil service issues.
• Working closely with program managers to ensure the development of a qualified, competent and diversified workforce.
• Trains or oversees the training of new employees in the procedures and techniques required to perform their job.
Additional Comments This position offers a competitive starting salary with an excellent benefit package. Benefits include but are not limited to NYS Pension Plan membership, Life Insurance coverage, and Voluntary Defined Contribution Plan.
The New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, through its various divisions and programs, promotes New York agriculture and its high-quality and diverse products, fosters agricultural environmental stewardship, and safeguards the State’s food supply, land and livestock to ensure the viability and growth of New York’s agriculture industries.
If you would like to work for a premier agency focused on enhancing the quality of life for the people of New York State by supporting production of agriculture; ensuring safe, nutritious and accessible food supply; providing economic opportunities for farm and rural residents, then the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets is for you. To learn more about our agency and our mission, please visit: https://www.agriculture.ny.gov/
Division of Human Resources Management:
The Division of Human Resources Management facilitates the Department’s core mission by ensuring a competent and productive workforce is maintained. This is accomplished through the administration of Civil Service Law, Rules and Regulations, Negotiated Agreements, and other State and Federal Laws. Major responsibilities include recruitment, position classification, exam development, labor relations, training, and health and safety.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.