Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications The minimum qualifications are as follows:
• Must be a US Citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be currently attending a New York State college, university, or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State, attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State.
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year College or University (completion of one year's worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students); or a currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program.
• Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, or equivalent to a C.
• Sophomore or above.
• Major in Information Technology.
Duties Description The incumbent of this request will be part of the ITS Communication Infrastructure and Operation Services team that provides Network LAN services to the Environment and Energy Cluster.
Specific duties include but may not be limited to:
• Updating network documentation;
• Scheduling network implementations;
• Update and editing network procedures;
• Configuring network equipment.
-- Basic Networking knowledge
-- Knowledge of Cisco switches
-- Familiarity with firewalls
-- Familiarity with MS VISIO
Additional Comments This Office of Information Technology Services position will be assigned to work within the Chief Operations Office
Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
ESP, Swan Street Building, Core 4
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention Roxanne Languish at HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov and indicate that you are applying for Student Assistant, Ref #90080 and please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.