Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
High-school diploma or equivalent plus five years relevant experience.
Associates degree plus three years relevant experience.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
Under general supervision, using a variety of PC applications, the Administrative Assistant provides a wide range of administrative functions and assists the unit manager in coordinating the activities of the unit. The Administrative Assistant is characterized by the use of independent judgment, discretion and decision making in performing administrative assignments of moderate complexity.
• Monitor projects/workload of Manager and other unit staff and assist them in prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
• Research information, prepare moderately difficult analysis and present findings.
• Perform and/or oversee the recording and reconciliation of data from various sources to various internal and external systems/applications, including data transfer between systems.
• Compile and coordinate the submission of data for reports.
• Perform moderately difficult calculations.
• Develop, prepare, review, process and analyze documentation, forms, data and other records; ensure consistency and accuracy.
• Develop, prepare and maintain reports, spreadsheets, databases, logs and charts of moderate complexity requiring use of intermediate and advanced computer application skills.
• Assist with insurance policy and contract renewals, procurements, and MWBE reporting.
• Coordinate meetings, site tours, schedules and travel arrangements. Assist in the coordination of seminars and conferences.
• Prepare and/or review correspondence in accordance with established procedures.
• Research and prepare responses to internal and external inquiries and/or requests for information, prepare correspondence and respond directly to inquiries.
• Draft correspondence to executive management, staff, employees, clients, contractors, vendors, insurance agents/brokers, insurance carriers, outside counsel and others.
• Interact and/or correspond directly with DASNY staff, clients, contractors, insurance agents/brokers, insurance carriers, counsel and other external entities.
• Manage and prioritize clerical workload, assign and monitor completion of work.
• Review and/or approve documents, reports and other assignments performed by clerical staff.
• Attend meetings and prepare minutes.
• Coordinate follow-up on issues identified in meetings.
• Coordinate communication within the unit, with other departments and with outside organizations.
• Confer and/or correspond with internal and external parties to assure proper completion of forms, documents and other materials in accordance with applicable requirements; identify and describe potential problems or delays encountered and relay relevant information to unit manager/supervisor.
• Conducts bid openings and/or maintain related files and information.
• Collect, sort, screen and distribute mail, cash receipts, and other documents.
• Maintain and organize libraries, hard copy and/or system storage files.
• Recommend and develop improvements to unit processes, documents and forms.
• Assist in monitoring the unit budget, prepare payment documentation and purchase order requisitions.
• Assist in the development, testing and implementation of computerized systems applications.
• Prepare presentations using PowerPoint or other desktop presentation software.
• Utilize graphic editing, publishing, and other types of software as necessary.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support to other staff as needed.
• May train and evaluate employees.
• Assist with the documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with internal controls implementation, review and testing.
• Assist other units during peak workload periods or for long-term assignments as needed.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Maintain regular, consistent attendance and punctuality in accordance with DASNY policy.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet.)
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees may be required.
Occasional travel may be required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. If position is located at a field site, may require exposure to the work-safety hazards of a construction site. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates, please copy and paste the following in your browser to apply electronically: