Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Sr. LPN 2
• Candidates must possess a license to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State AND one-year permanent competitive service as a Senior Licensed Practical Nurse 1
• Candidates must currently be a permanent Senior Licensed Practical Nurse 2.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
A senior LPN 1/2 is required to ensure medical care for the individuals of this home who have very intensive and varying medical and support needs: G-tubes, skin care issues, DNR’s numerous medical treatments and positioning plans. The individuals at this IRA see many specialists and have complicated medical issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures that the medical plans and TDDSOO LPN nursing policies are performed and implemented as written and data is recorded as required
• Ensures all individuals receive medications and treatments, required on that shift
• Provides clinical expertise to all the staff assigned to this home, offering supervision and support to ensure maximum quality and continuity of care
• Offers supervision and support to ensure maximum quality and continuity of care
• Participates with the treatment team in the development of individual treatment plans.
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications, a current resume and a copy of your license, to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
26 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER