Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Possession of a degree as Medical Doctor, or Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery and a license to practice medicine in New York State, completion of an approved internship and residency, and three years of post-training experience in an appropriate specialty. Medical practice experience in a public health arena, ability to conduct research, and knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation system as it relates to impairment, treatment and return to work issues preferred.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Medical Director, the incumbent will assist the Medical Director in the supervision and management of the Medical Director’s Office, including the Medical Treatment Guidelines, Provider Compliance, Medical Fee Schedule/Arbitration Unit, and Investigations Unit. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing medical expertise to MDO staff regarding authorizing of licensed providers; granting licenses to medical bureaus, medical centers, and laboratories
• Assisting in the development of educational programs and trainings for WCB staff and external stakeholders on relevant topics including Medical Treatment and Impairment Guidelines, medical-legal issues, general medical conditions and other related topics
• Providing medical expertise to the Chair and the Executive Staff, including Members of the Board as requested
• Investigating complaints and incidents related to provider medical issues as assigned by Medical Director
• Providing medical expertise and guidance to assist staff with difficult investigations, and directly investigating the more complex cases
• Preparing clear and concise reports regarding findings and recommendations and discuss with the Medical Director to jointly develop a plan of action to address the recommendations.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #2137 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.