Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must be reachable on the Civil Service, Secretary 1 eligible list, or currently in a permanent Secretary 1 title, or eligible for a transfer within two grades of a grade 11 under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the general supervision of the ESD Senior Vice President (SVP), serves as office manager, providing administrative and secretarial support.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides administrative and secretarial support to the SVP and department staff.
• Type correspondence on the PC for the SVP and department.
• Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments.
• Processes all correspondence to include categorizing mail, organizing priority communications from the Commissioner and other key executives, and follow-up including photocopying.
• Monitors correspondence prepared for the SVP's signature to assure timeliness, completeness and accuracy.
• Maintains office files and follow-up systems and revises office procedures as required.
• Handles telephone inquiries on a wide variety of topics relevant to the Office operations, responding to inquiries and directing more technical questions to appropriate staff.
• Prepares trip memorandums in advance for approval, makes all travel arrangements and submit expense reports to payroll.
• Coordinates vacation scheduled for the department staff and ensures adequate coverage at all times.
• Coordinate and schedule department staff meetings to ensure the department meets on a monthly basis, if applicable.
• Produces draft and finished copy of various documents and program correspondence, as required from dictation or hand-written documents.
• Coordinates department marketing and outreach events to promote Corporation programs. Works directly with Senior Vice President on speaking events, marketing and publicity. Ensures marketing collateral is distributed through various external stakeholders.
• Assists Program Directors with payment requisitions, tracking and monitoring, contract preparation, and other operational tasks.
• Coordinates with external partners on meetings, promotional events, and program specific projects as necessary.
• Works on the department’s reporting metrics, complies quarterly and year end reporting for each of the program areas.
• Prepares documents for hearings, testimony, coordinates responses to request for input on bills etc. for SVP/department.
• Checks all invoices for accuracy and valid signatures prior to SVP/department head’s approvals.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned e.g., orders equipment, supplies, legal materials, etc.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address above by December 13, 2018. Be sure to indicate the position title and location you are applying for and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.