Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Archives and Records Management Specialist 2.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-16 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Archives & Records Management Specialist 2 eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Archives is seeking candidates for an Archives and Records Management Specialist 2 position within the State Archives Grants Administration Unit. This Unit oversees the day-to-day operations of the Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund (LGRMIF). The LGRMIF annually provides grants to local governments to help establish records management programs and develop new program components. Since 1990, the LGRMIF has provided over 10,000 grants totaling over $225 million. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in the development of grant application materials and work with the New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Contracts office on the review and approval of application materials;
• Advise local governments on issues relating to the submission of grant applications and project management;
• Assist in the annual LGRMIF grant application review;
• Oversee the processing of grant project budgets for payment, communicating with NYSED’s Grants Finance office, as necessary;
• Answer questions or provide additional information to local governments and State Archives field staff on the payment of grant awards;
• Process budget amendments and works with Archives field staff, local government staff and NYSED’s Grants Finance Office to resolve issues;
• Develop familiarity with the Archives eGrants system and, along with the unit head, serves as the eGrants help desk;
• Assist in ensuring that the LGRMIF grant recipients meet New York State Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) goals while working closely with NYSED’s M/WBE liaison;
• Serve as a delegated administrator for the NY.GOV authentication system, creating and updating eGrants user accounts, as necessary;
• Serve as key user for NYSED’S SEDREF system, which contains core identifying information about eligible LGRMIF applicants;
• Help ensure that grant application guidelines and user manuals meet NYSED’s web accessibility requirements using Adobe Acrobat;
• Develop and maintain systems for tracking the progress of grants using Microsoft Office software, including Access and Excel; and
• Assist in the development of web-based training/educational materials detailing grant program procedures.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. The work schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday (9:00am – 5:00pm) with rotating Saturdays (9:00am – 5:00pm).
* Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 20, 2018 to email@example.com (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OCE-1090/26151) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 20, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OCE-1090/26151) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.