Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
9910 Blewett Drive
Minimum Qualifications This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
Minimal three (3) years of permanent New York State service in a Grade 9 or above title which performed administrative tasks related to finance, accounting, real property management, engineering or similar field.
Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by nine credit hours in mathematics, statistics, or real estate (or related studies); and two years of full time experience performing administrative tasks related to finance, accounting, real property management, engineering or similar field.
Associate’s Degree or Certification including or supplemented by nine credit hours in mathematics, statistics, or real estate (or related studies); and three years of full time experience performing administrative tasks related to finance, accounting, real property management, engineering or similar field.
Six years of full time experience performing administrative tasks related to finance, accounting, real property management, engineering or similar field.**
In accordance with NGB standards, will be required to obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation, and have an appropriate clearance to allow access to computer networks and restricted areas to determine suitability, loyalty, and trustworthiness. Minimally a National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI) will be completed - dependent on current regulation, a SECRET or other clearance may be required.
Required to have or successfully complete within 90 days of receiving computer access, all training associated with assigned data systems such as SFS, GFEBS and the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) and/or other computer training as related to duty assignments.
Must be proficient in and able to independently use Microsoft Office software – MSWord and Excel. Ability to use PowerPoint and/or Access also preferred.*
Must successfully complete the Real Property training courses which will be conducted through the U.S. Air Force and the Air National Guard.*
Must possess a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of New York. Must report any changes to supervisory chain and State Human Resources (MNHS).
Must be willing to travel to various locations within or outside of New York State. Various modes of travel may be utilized to include motor vehicle, plane, train or other available source.
* Should related systems, regulations, procedures and requirements change, additional training and/or certifications may be required.
** Military experience and education, may be considered for minimum qualifications, however, candidate must demonstrate direct relevance to the job duties and abilities noted above.
At all times, the employee MUST maintain minimum standards in accordance with current , and as amended, agency, statutory and NGB requirements and directives; failure to do so will subject the individual to disciplinary action, including possible termination.
NOTE: Position standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the position described. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by the incumbent. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Position Standards were written. Please contact State Human Resources Management for any further information regarding the position requirements.
Duties Description This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
Real Property Examiner positions are assigned to the Civil Engineering (CE) Unit located at the New York National Guard air bases across the state. Under the direction of the Base Civil Engineer (BCE), the incumbent is responsible as the single authority on real property matters at the installation level. The Real Property Examiner performs a variety of duties relating to the management, inventory, maintenance and disposition of government owned real property. Real Property Examiners collect, review, and reconcile assessment and real property data; appraise and analyze all types of real property; and research issues regarding real property matters.
The position performs responsibilities in accordance with all current and amended, DMNA policies and procedures, federal and state statutes, and where applicable, the contract bargaining agreement and requirements of the National Guard Bureau (NGB), specifically the Master Cooperative Agreement (MCA) and supporting regulations. The position may report to state and/or federal supervisory personnel.
Specifically, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Contacts officials within local, state and federal agencies and general public regarding real property management programs and amendments of existing real property management documents; the out-granting of property to other users; and any encroachment actions.
• Inspects government-owned real property and prepares written reports of physical inspection. Participates in site selection surveys and assists in
• Develops and recommends programs for the acquisition of fee simple title, leaseholds, easements, permits, land exchanges, and licenses from both private owners and government agencies in support of mission requirements. Researches legal documents such as deeds, abstract of titles, etc., to determine ownership in support of the legality of such acquisition.
• Participates in the development of legal documents granting government use of land and/or facilities.
• Prepares and processes Declarations of Excess and/or proposed facility or real estate disposal actions, including land and/or buildings. Screens the excess property with other government agencies to afford transfer opportunities where feasible, and makes appropriate recommendations.
• Researches potential opportunities of government-owned lands and buildings under a Real Property Master Plan umbrella, to include an analysis of the impact of land-management programs on government facilities. Responsible for continuous space use studies to insure full and efficient use of all building space. Analyzes such space for compatibility of use, allowable criteria, cost of any change, and makes appropriate recommendations.
• Establishes and maintains a quantitative and monetary capital asset account. Monitors all programming documents, work orders and contracts to insure accurate reflection of all changes affecting real property records. Review shall include in-house work accomplished to alter and modify facilities; installation and removal of equipment; and the addition of land, so that all capitalization of government assets occurs in a timely manner. Prepares, maintains and inventories this auditable real property account in accordance with applicable regulations and submits all required reports.
• When necessary, analyzes, researches and provides data for the preparation of Environmental Assessments on government-owned lands and resources.
• Provides real property statistics and recommendations concerning the utilization, development and disposal of real property.
• Base level administrator of the program for non-military use of government facilities.
• Coordinates on the temporary use rights of government or private property and the renewal of extensions of leases, agreements, licenses or permits as required for the continued use of land and/or facilities, which are required for government operations.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
• Must successfully complete the Real Property training courses conducted through the U.S. Air Force and the Air National Guard.
• Must utilize all state data systems as required to include the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS).
• Experience with real property asset management; grant and/or contract administration; or other related field.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
• Experience in multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple deadlines.
• Ability to prepare written material in a clear and concise form.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
• Demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness.
• Experience in developing and conducting presentations and/or training programs.
• Attends meetings as required.
• Will complete and attend training as required.
• Periodic overtime may be required
• Periodic travel will be required using various modes of transportation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional preferred experience:
• Knowledge of State agency operations and policies.
• Experience working with SFS.
• Familiarity National Guard Bureau operations.
Additional Comments This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
330 Old Niskayuna Road
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for interview, submit a cover letter and resume. In e-mail subject line and cover letter indicate the title, location, vacancy announcement number of the position for which you are applying. Ensure to clearly note how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Please be certain to note your specific license or certification to meet requirements.
If you are a former public employee retired within New York State currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your cover letter.
Cover letter and resume may be submitted via E-mail (preferred method), FAX, or Mail. ENSURE TO COPY E-MAIL ADDRESS EXACTLY.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX to: (518) 786-4969
For Questions: (518) 786-4830
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs
State Human Resources Management
330 Old Niskayuna Road
Latham, New York 12110-3514
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN STATE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (MNHS) BY DECEMBER 14, 2018.
VAGUENESS AND OMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RESOLVED IN YOUR FAVOR.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
ALL CURRENT PERMANENT DMNA STATE EMPLOYEES WHO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE INTERVIEWED TO EVALUATE THEIR QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITY TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE DIVISION AND ABILITY TO PERFORM THE DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION. THE REQUIREMENT TO PROVE QUALIFICATION SHALL REST WITH THE EMPLOYEE.
ALL OTHER CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW TO EVALUATE THEIR QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE IN RELATION TO THE DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION.