Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidate must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law
Duties Description Under the supervision of the Administrative Services Director and Human Resource Specialist 1, the duties of this position includes and not limited to:
- Maintain personnel history files, ensure all filing is current and up to date, schedule appointments for interview as requested
- Review new employee’s personal history jackets, enter probation reports and evaluations reports into HRIS
- Provide assistance to Administrative Services staff with NYSTEP and HRIS date entry and personnel transactions processing
- Independently track leave usage for jury duty, military leave and special charges. Ensure supporting documentation is received by the Administrative services Unit timely and it is appropriately processed and filed,
- Processing of metered and certified mail, maintain stamp and form inventory
- provide back up and support to the Purchasing unit with certifying and approval of purchase orders and vouchers
- Knowledge of department software applications: AS400/WIPPER system, State Financial System(SFS) NYS TEP, NYBEAS, TADS and other programs and applications relevant to the Administrative Services Unit
- The incumbent will be expected to work with personal and confidential employees records and materials and to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion, and the incumbent will be required to answer questions, explain or clarify processes and/or procedures and use independent judgment.
- Responsibility will include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a letter of interest and a resume by December 10, 2018 to:
Fax: (631) 952-6169
NOTE: If you submit your letter of interest, resume and references via e-mail, please note the Vacancy ID # and title in the subject line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.