Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Note: The purpose of this vacancy posting is to notify individuals about transfer opportunities. Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
52.6 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS:
Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Human Resources Specialist 2 is available through GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
The Human Resources Specialist 2 (Labor Relations) will assume a balanced workload of labor relations assignments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the administration of various negotiated and labor-management agreements governing union employees and rules and regulations governing non-union employees
- Review and evaluate current policies and recommend new and/or revised policies and procedures consistent with negotiated and labor-management agreements
- Provide guidance, advice and assistance to supervisors and managers with respect to appropriate procedures and requirements for discipline and counseling
- Investigate allegations of employee misconduct or incompetence and prepare Notices of Discipline when necessary
- Represent the agency at contractually required review hearings of grievances and disciplinary action
- Agency advocate at disciplinary arbitrations and other administrative hearings including Section 72 hearings
- Interact with managers, employees and employee organization representatives to resolve day-to-day concerns
- May present or co-present training on labor relation issues to supervisors and managers
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #61953 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.