Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Note: The purpose of this vacancy posting is to notify individuals about transfer opportunities. Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS:
Current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 10 or higher may be eligible for transfer.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Stores and Mail Operations Supervisor is available through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
As a Stores and Mail Operations Supervisor, the incumbent will:
- Receive/review/confirm daily shipments of various printed materials from ITS Print
- Schedule daily tasks, assigning inserting machine operators and equipment to the various jobs being processed
- Complete security verifications of all confidential material and ensure the timely mailing of completed work
- Supervise on-site Bell & Howell technician; schedule regular and as-needed service/maintenance of department equipment while ensuring maximum productivity
- Work with ITS Printing and Scheduling units to resolve problems and ensure timely receipt of printed, dated mailings for insertion
-Work with Mailroom sorting unit to resolve problems and ensure on-time delivery of inserted letters for sorting/mailing
-Work with various Building 12 offices that print their own forms/letters and insert their material timely to ensure same day mailing
-Maintain necessary supplies of mailing envelopes, return envelopes and pre-printed/pre-folded inserts
-Keep detailed records of printed work received, inserting production reports and completed work deliveries to the 1st floor mailroom to ensure a complete and accurate audit trail.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID# 61955 you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.