Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled journey-level position, which would provide training that is equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprentice training in a trade or training gained by the completion of technical courses in a trade at a school or institute may be substituted for the above experience on a year-for-year basis.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Trades Generalists perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance repair, installation and construction tasks in the mechanical, building and electrical trades in multiple community and campus residences and other buildings. Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs a variety of carpentry related duties, including but not limited to installations and repairs of flooring, repair and adjustment of doors and hardware, stairs, railings, and replacement of ceiling tile.
• Performs minor electrical duties including but not limited to replacing receptacles, light fixtures, and circuit breakers.
• Repairs, installs and maintains plumbing fixtures and appliances, including but not limited to: sinks, showers, baths, commodes, dishwashers, domestic water and drainage distribution systems.
• Preforms a variety of painting related duties including but not limited to preparing surfaces, priming and painting.
• Performs maintenance, and preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment including but not limited to bathroom exhaust fans, clothes dryers, sump pumps and generators, and snow removal equipment.
• Requires daily travel within the district.
• Assists as needed in snow removal and other maintenance of road ways and sidewalks.
• May require some travel within NY State to assist other districts with special projects.
• Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the trade or trades to which assigned.
• Strong background in Carpentry and/or Commercial HVAC and Plumbing preferred.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Will be required to train and supervise others.
• Candidate will be trained in the operation and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
• Will be required to plan and lay out work, develop time and material lists for projects assigned.
• Will be required to read and interpret plans, codes, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
• Basic computer skills preferred
• Valid NYS driver’s License
Additional Comments • All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by December 11, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #181211B in all correspondence.