Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
501 7th Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Permanent status as an Addictions Program Specialist 2, G-23 and interested in reassignment ~OR~ Reachable for permanent appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for Addictions Program Specialist 2, G-23 ~OR~ Eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The incumbent will be assigned to the Bureau of Housing Services and will:
* Independently manage a Contract Portfolio of voluntary agencies that operate OASAS’ eight housing initiatives/brands, serving NYC’s five boroughs, Long Island, and Westchester County (Metro-NY).
* Be responsible for sustaining and assisting OASAS’ contracted Providers by acquiring and maintaining a full understanding of housing related federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and requirements.
* Provide start-up technical assistance and on-going program assistance to OASAS’ housing Providers via, but not limited to, on-site program visits, required agency attendance to forums/meetings at OASAS offices, teleconference meetings, and email communication.
* Travel to Provider agency sites, tenant apartment building units, and regional stakeholder offices/meetings as required.
* Establish collaborative working relationships with New York State and NYC governmental agencies, to include but not limited to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS), the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA), HUD Continuum of Care programs (CoC), as well as, NYS agencies and partners in supportive housing such as the NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH), NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA)/Homeless Housing and Assistance Program(HHAP), NYS Homes and Community Renewal (DHCR), and the NYS Department of Health (DOH).
* Assist in the development of supportive Housing Requests For Proposals (RFP), and when indicated, reviewing and scoring housing program proposals.
* Participate in the Housing Bureau’s Quarterly Provider Meetings scheduled in the NYC offices. This would include the development and independent presentation of issues, concerns, updates, and new innovations germane to the provision of permanent supportive housing and services.
* Promote and support OASAS’ Recovery Oriented System of Care, as well as the Housing Bureau’s agenda to reduce and end homelessness for those individuals and families effected by substance use disorders.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue