Professional Education Program Review Unit
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Nursing Education.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have a current New York State license as a registered nurse (RN) AND a master’s degree in nursing AND four years of professional administrative or educational experience in a college, university, education agency, or professional association having oversight, regulatory, or coordinative responsibility for higher or professional education. Two years of this experience must have been related to either the regulation and/or licensure of nurses or to the development, review, or offering of nursing education programs. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Nursing Education when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of the Professions is seeking candidates for an Associate in Nursing Education position in the Professional Education Program Review Unit. This Unit evaluates programs intended to prepare individuals for licensure in a profession licensed by the State Education Department. The Board of Regents is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a programmatic accrediting agency for nursing education programs and public postsecondary vocational education (practical nursing). Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Professional Education programs, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for quality assurance of licensure and post-licensure nursing programs and related professional education programs. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Evaluate proposals for new or modified nursing and related professional education programs for compliance with applicable sections of the Education Law, Regents Rules, and the Commissioner’s Regulations;
• Prepare Regents items related to proposals requiring master plan amendment or similar authorizations;
• Monitor nursing programs’ performance on licensure examination, including analyzing licensure examination results to ascertain national, state and individual program trends;
• Conduct nursing and related professional education program registration and re-registration reviews and site visits;
• Research, draft, and analyze proposed legislation, regulations, standards, and issues affecting nursing and other health care professions;
• Interact with national organizations regarding licensure requirements for nursing and related professions;
• Prepare agency documentation and data related to Regents re-recognition as a State agency for approval of nursing education and public postsecondary vocational education (practical nursing);
• Respond to inquiries from institutional administrators, faculty, students, legislators, and the public regarding nursing and related professional education programs in NYS; and
• Investigate and respond to complaints about an institution’s adherence to its written academic policies and procedures and compliance with the related Education Law, Regents Rules, and Commissioner’s Regulations.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Nursing Education when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of license and degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. Candidates are required to possess a current New York State license as registered nurse (RN) at the time of hire. Continued employment as an Associate in Nursing Education is dependent upon maintaining a current license and registration in New York State as an RN. Failure to maintain license will result in removal from employment.
* Leads to a maximum salary of 105,681 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 21, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OP-1156/19741) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 21, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OP-1156/19741) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.