Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Employees who possess the following minimum qualifications may apply:
1. Permanent competitive service or contingent-permanent competitive service as a Business Systems Analyst 1 OR
2. Eligibility for transfer under Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law into Business Systems Analyst 1/Trainee OR
3. Candidates on the current Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list with a score of 100 or higher.
Duties Description 1. Assist Project Assistants working on the agency’s grant and scholarship programs business process outsourcing (BPO) request for proposal (RFP). Develop recommendations to assist in identifying and solving administrative and management problems hindering the effectiveness and efficiency of the RFP process.
2. Research and gather requirements while adhering to established standards and utilizing all necessary deliverables.
3. Conduct studies, analyze and evaluate all required “as-is” and “to-be” processes and flows needed for the new system.
4. Document business process deficiencies requiring resolution during and after implementation.
5. Work with vendor, agency staff and stakeholders to collect, analyze, define and document business and functional requirements.
6. Review and write requirements for the “to-be” system.
7. Assist with the design and implementation of quality metrics to analyze project performance. Ensures that project resources are used effectively.
8. Develop training materials related to business systems implementation for users and write procedure manual.
9. Assist with business process analyses, business process reengineering, and developing workflow processes.
10. Identify user roles.
11. Create and maintain requirement traceability documents.
12. Validate solutions that meet business needs by developing, maintaining, and executing test plans, test cases, and test data.
13. Develop the Quality Management Plan, participate in quality reviews and deliverable acceptance, write the test plan and test scripts and participate in functional and user acceptance testing.
14. Define deliverable acceptance criteria and participate in deliverable acceptance reviews.
15. Participate in risk identification, risk mitigation, and issue escalation activities, schedule development and management, and change process management.
16. Provide on-going business support to participating entities in using the system.
17. Perform unit testing and document results.
18. Analyze the impact of changes to IT system requirements or business processes.
19. Evaluate project timelines and priorities.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments NOTE: The hours of this position require working between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Please be sure to include a valid daytime telephone number and e-mail address on your resume and/or cover letter.
To apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Business Systems Analyst 1/Trainee- Vacancy 3714" in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters must be received by December 10, 2018.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease be sure to include a valid daytime telephone number and e-mail address on your resume and/or cover letter.
To apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com with ""Business Systems Analyst 1/Trainee- Vacancy 3714"" in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters must be received by December 10, 2018.