Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list, or;
Candidates must have permanently served at least one year in a title designated as appropriate for transfer in accordance with Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. This position may also be filled at the trainee level. Candidates would be required to serve a two-year traineeship that leads to the SG-18 position.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will be assigned to the Budget section within Financial Services. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Retrieve and analyze data from Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Compile data and prepare various reports and correspondence related to budget activities.
• Ensure spending aligns with the Board's cash ceiling.
• Prepare five-year expenditure forecasts comparing prior program workload activities and expenditures with anticipated staffing, workload and program changes to develop projected costs.
• Based on existing workload and future forecasts, estimate the need for personal and non personal services funding. Using knowledge of program information and agency priorities, analyze requests for reasonableness of need, approach and cost.
• Track and monitor spending on all NYS Information Technology Services (ITS) projects. Act as liaison between WCB Budget, ITS Budget and Project Managers to determine project status, timing, funding sources and total spending. Monitor approved expenditures to ensure that work is done efficiently within established fiscal guide lines in assigned areas.
• Track and monitor all IT new hardware and software procurements and software renewals.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #2520 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.