Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
47-40 21st Street
Minimum Qualifications In order to be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on a current Civil Service eligible list, or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the supervision of an Associate Accountant in the Accounting Bureau, the duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Administrative Services Director in the Administrative Services Office;
• Responsibilities include, but not limited to: Oversee various aspects of the fiscal and business management of the Regional Office, including supervision of staff.;
• Prepare and process purchase orders and vouchers, and ensure compliance with purchase guidelines and New York State Accounting procedures, including the rules and regulations of the Office of the State Comptroller;
• Serves as liaison with building management for issues related to health, safety and comfort;
• Oversee Records Management of Security ID program;
• Directs and coordinates the receipt, storage and sale of surplus equipment with Main Office Facilities Management personnel;
• Responsible for provision of mail services to the region;
• Other assignments as required.
Responsibilities may also include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department's response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than 12/17/2018 to:
Volta Sherland, Program Aide.
NYS Department of Transportation - Region 11
47-40 21st Street, Room 840
Long Island City, NY 11101
Via email: email@example.com
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
47-40 21st Street