Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Either one year as a Facility Operations Assistant 1 or two year of full-time, verifiable experience in custodial, grounds, or maintenance operation or assisting in a journey-level trade.
When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description · Oversee a variety of construction and maintenance activities including the scheduling of projects and individual assignments.
· Supervise a staff of Laborers and Motor Vehicle Operators responsible for the delivery of services to all department locations.
· Use hand and shop tools to perform maintenance and repair work.
· Load, unload and physically handle deliveries of equipment, furniture, supplies, etc.
· Operate, repair, maintain and service automotive and mechanical equipment such as vehicles, forklifts, pallet jacks, air compressors.
· Oversee and conduct forklift training and certification of facility staff.
· Maintain all records and coordinate maintenance of vehicles assigned to operations.
· Assist in repairing and assembling furniture, shelving, and signs.
· Handle customer service inquiries; use oral and written communication in assigning work, providing instructions, and exchanging information.
· Operate trucks and warehouse equipment.
· Perform moderate to heavy manual labor.
· Assist managers with regular building maintenance reviews.
· Schedule recycling pickups for paper, pallets, cardboard; maintain electronic information of dates and amounts to prepare regular statistical reports for management.
· Ability to bend, lift, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Travel to various department locations as required.
· Overnight travel (possibly several days at a time) to any Tax Department district office may be required as needed.
· Work overtime as required.
· Ability to use agency email and PC software.
· Ability to plan and create long term work schedules.
· Meet the Department’s time and attendance requirements.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume including current title, how you qualify and your social security number for verification. Please reference the vacancy ID number and title.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.