Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Various IRAs in Amityville, Bethpage, Plainview, Hicksville, Huntington, Farmingdale & Massapequa Pa
Minimum Qualifications • Currently serving as permanent Senior Recreation Therapist and eligible for transfer OR
• Reachable on the Civil Service List for Senior Recreation Therapist OR
• One year of permanent, competitive service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the NYS Civil Service Law.
Duties Description • Function as a full member of the treatment team, relating well to professional, para-professional and direct care staff and their supervisors, as well as volunteers, families and individuals.
• Utilize a thorough, concise, accurate and professional manner both verbally and in writing to communicate.
• Assist in developing and carrying out program services.
• Possess an understanding of behavior management, treatment techniques and therapeutic use of recreation.
• Complete assignments in a timely manner.
• Ability to adjust work schedule to meet the program and organizational needs.
• Possess a valid New York State Driver’s License.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.