Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible to transfer. To qualify for a permanent appointment under Section 70.1, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title designated as 70.1 transfer eligible. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grades.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office of Home and Community Living within the Division of Person Centered Supports is seeking an Office Assistant 2 who will play a key role in supporting all Unit staff and essential functions of day-to-day operations within the Unit and Division.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide front-line support to Unit staff and to stakeholders seeking information.
• Answer inquiries by phone or email for materials on housing options and home ownership for people with I/DD and assist with screening telephone referrals to Unit staff.
• Provide support to the Unit and Division management, as needed.
• Set up meetings and webinars.
• Disseminate meeting materials to OPWDD staff as well as stakeholders.
• Take meeting minutes and track follow-up items.
• Ensure seamless responses to communication by telephone from stakeholders and constituents.
• Assist with correspondence and related tasks as needed.
• Organize information using Excel.
• Ensure availability of office supplies and materials.
• Support activities related to implementation of the Integrated Supportive Housing program, for example inputting data from providers, organizing information using Excel, and supporting the Unit Director and Unit staff with administrative activities related to housing policy development.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue