Minimum Qualifications The New York State and Local Retirement System (NYSLRS) has embarked on a multi-year initiative, called the Redesign Project, that will require significant investment to redesign its business processes and legacy systems, replacing them with an integrated, customer focused, information system that facilitates its work.
When the Redesign Project is complete, NYSLRS will possess a modern information system, ready to meet the needs of its customers and stakeholders in a secure, flexible and stable environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read this posting in its entirety and follow the specific instructions on applying for this position.
* At least eight (8) years of general applications development experience.
* At least four (4) years of PeopleSoft application development experience, one (1) of which must include supervising or managing PeopleSoft developers, in the implementation or maintenance of one or more of the following PeopleSoft modules:
o Human Capital Management (HCM)
o Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
o Financials or PeopleSoft Portal Development
An Associate’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of general experience.
A Bachelor’s Degree may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the general experience.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Application Development Assistant Manager (SG-27), the Application Development Supervisor will work closely with the Redesign Project Team and will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Supervise the development and tracking of progress against project plans, schedules and events;
* Supervise Application Development staff and work closely with NYSLRS personnel and resources to ensure that the appropriate staff is assigned and other resources are assessed to ensure that all project goals and objectives are met;
* Work with the Application Development Assistant manager and other Application Development staff and the project team to develop a work plan to meet the Redesign goals and monitor progress to ensure that the project is completed successfully;
* Supervise the participation of Application Development staff in Redesign activities, ensure that NYSLRS Application Development staff meets its contractual obligations as agreed to by NYSLRS’ Project managers,
adjust activities and/or staffing when necessary, report project status to the Application Development Assistant Manager on a regular basis, and respond quickly to management questions and concerns:
* Supervise the analysis and development of the Retirement Benefit Administration System (PeopleSoft and other Oracle products) using tools available (e.g., PeopleTools, PeopleCode, SQL, SQR, Unix Scripting, COBOL, Phire Architect or Stat) in coordination with NYSLRS’ selected implementation vendor;
* Supervise the human resources aspects of the project, including:
o The review of hiring the most qualified and appropriate staff with special attention paid to staff diversity,
o Timely and effective staff evaluations,
o Succession planning, knowledge transfer, and long-term positioning for project ramp-down,
o Awareness or a reaction to staff morale, and
o Monitoring the proper usage of overtime.
* Supervise the review of vendor work products and take corrective action when necessary;
* Work with vendors and the Application Development Manager to manage efforts to explore and develop the functional business requirements, processes and rules that will contribute to how the replacement works;
* Work closely with Legacy and CIO staff to ensure that they are consulted and understand the full impact of system application enhancements as they relate to the OSC environment, developing and monitoring SLAs (Service Level Agreements) where necessary to ensure that work is accomplished in a coordinated, well-planned manner and meets expectations;
* Work closely with the other Application Development Staff and vendor to coordinate data analysis, data mapping, data classification, data conversion and data bridging activities in support of the phased Functional Rollout plan;
* Assist the Application Development Assistant Manager in the review of any change orders that are developed after performing a full cost/benefit analysis of potential changes;
* Provide NYSLRS assistance to vendor-led development of a business function help desk to assist business staff during functional roll-outs and beyond;
* Participate in the collaboration among vendor, Redesign Business and Redesign Application Development staff to communicate evolving business requirements for work processes, detail design testing, training and roll-out; also, assist in the design and implementation of a framework for managing the capture, documentation and ongoing transfer of business knowledge;
* Participate in the collaboration between vendor and Redesign Application Development staff to develop and implement standards for future development and on-going maintenance of the Redesign Benefit Administration System;
* Participate in the collaboration among vendor, Redesign Business and Redesign Application Development staff to develop interfaces with external stakeholders (e.g., employers, public retirement systems, unions, IRS, etc.) using various methods (e.g., portal, secure FTP, etc.) and
* Participate in the integration of the Retirement Benefit Administration System with internal NYSLRS applications that are not changing as a result of this project, including but not limited to General Ledger Microsoft Dynamics, SQL Server 2008, FileNet P8 and Lotus Notes Domino Email in coordination with NYSLRS’ selected implementation vendor.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
* Experience that exceeds the required eight (8) years of general application development or four (4) years of the applications development management experience, as outlined in the minimum qualifications.
* Demonstrated experience implementing or maintaining applications using PeopleTools, 8.53 (or higher), PeopleCode, Application Designer, Component Interface, Integration Broker, SQL, SQR, Unix Scripting, XML Publisher, COBOL and Oracle SQL Loader.
* Demonstrated experience in IT application development environments within a public pension system.
* Demonstrated experience leading teams with responsibility for managing a cohesive staff to ensure achievements of objectives.
* Demonstrated experience working and collaborating with IT consultants.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the attached template(http://osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/08444_Template_12_2018.doc) to email@example.com no later than December 19, 2018. Please reference Item # O8444-bv in the subject line of the email and on the cover letter. When responding, the Vacancy ID # should not be included.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate
they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based
SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT; It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your
experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that
you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY
DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions
will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.