Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
1. Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have a current permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title. 2. Reassignment Requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo. 3. Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or transferable title).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED.
A completed application is required to be considered for this position. If you have received a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY to this position. You must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism. Demonstrate competence in Microsoft Office (creation/maintenance of spreadsheets and documents); i.e., Word, Excel, and databases. Experience with University systems preferred, ePTF, eREQ, SIRI, and CONCUR. Attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, and excellent customer service. Ability to handle routine administrative tasks independently. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; ability to organize and maintain office files.
Duties Description Position Summary:
This position will serve as a Secretary 1 in the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office at the University at Buffalo. This is a customer service oriented position and requires the incumbent to provide excellent customer service to various populations. Duties will include (but are not limited to):
• You will provide administrative support to the Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration, Director for Finance and Assistant Dean for Human Resources in areas such as preparing correspondence, scheduling of meetings, and maintaining departmental files.
• You will provide administrative support to the Resource Management staff in areas such as preparing disbursements, travel reimbursements, eREQ’s, quarterly application reports, and processing work order requests for the machine shop.
• You will provide administrative support to the Human Resources staff in areas such as, reviewing and processing leave requests and reappointments, preparation of appointment, promotion, and tenure materials, and scheduling the awards committee meetings.
• You will provide general office support such as, answering phones, mailing, copying, scheduling and processing of necessary departmental paperwork.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.