Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Computer Operator eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 08 or higher.
Duties Description * Monitors all system consoles and hardware diagnostic displays for mainframe and open systems to ensure that systems are operating efficiently and customer on-line transactions, batch programs and data transfers are properly executing.
* Monitors all system consoles and critical displays for alerts and follows documented procedures.
* Initiates, schedules and ensures that any subsequent actions are performed.
* Works in cooperation with tape and print processing to ensure that customer workflow is completed.
* Follows documented procedures for proper action when batch programs error.
* Issue initial notification and log problems to programming, help desk, or other technical staff.
* Act as Liaison with production control.
* Operates print devices that produce the output from various data processing program runs.
* Operates post print processing equipment.
* Ensure that agency schedules, specific form and production quality are maintained.
* Adhere to security procedures and requirements in regard to storage, transportation, utilization, disposition, and accountability of secure stock.
* Aligns and configures printers and post print equipment based on instructions, procedures and other pre-defined standards.
* Removes completed jobs from system and conducts quality control checks.
* Records, labels, batches, and distributes output and ensures delivery.
* Inspects completed post print processing for accuracy and adherence to standards.
* Performs regular cleaning and basic maintenance of print and post print equipment.
* Ability to operate pallet moving equipment and physically lift up to 50lbs.
* Monitors tape console for messages and monitors robotic system console.
* Mounts tapes
* Cleans tapes
* Prepares and assigns physical and virtual tapes for various data processing operations.
* Files, prepares and monitors tapes for transport to offsite storage in accordance with agency procedures.
* Documents, degausses (erases) and arranges for destruction of identified media in accordance with agency procedures.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Possesses excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in written format with peers, management, vendors, technical staff, etc.
* Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment, willing to take direction, as well as work independently.
* Possesses excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Demonstrates ability to maintain production requirements while ensuring quality control standards are continually maintained.
* Knowledgeable in Excel, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Word software.
* Demonstrates reliability and dependability under varying shifts and conditions.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 14, 2018. Please reference Item # – 8210 GOER-MPM when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.