Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the current Project Manager 1, SG-23, eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible to transfer, interested candidates must have at least one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 21 or above.
Duties Description Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager 2/Quality Assurance Supervisor (SG-25), and working closely with the three Project Manager 1’s in the Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
* Plan and manage tasks, dependencies, milestones, and schedule to meet requirements of project deliverables by developing and maintaining a comprehensive Detailed Work Plan in Microsoft Project.;
* Develop and manage sub-projects within the Detailed Work Plan;
* Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives;
* Work directly with the project and business leads in coordinating, planning and managing tasks to meet requirements of Project Deliverables;
* Participate in monitoring project progress and reporting on progress to Redesign Project Management, recommend schedule adjustments;
* Compile, organize and manage all Project artifacts;
* Develop and update weekly, monthly and ad-hoc status reports;
* Create action plans, processes and procedures to support the structure/function of the Redesign Project;
* Design and implement quality metrics to evaluate progress against established baselines and analyze project performance;
* Assess, document and manage internal and external project risks; and develop contingencies and mitigation plans;
* Review, monitor and analyze Problem Incident Reports and Change Requests;
* Control and implement a process of change when needed; document and track issues; monitor assumptions and make decisions in a timely manner;
* Assist in monitoring stakeholder involvement to ensure adequate review of deliverables;
* Assist in monitoring system and user acceptance testing plans;
* Design, develop and/or refine governance structures and templates to support project management.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
* Proficient in the use of MS Project and familiarity with MS SharePoint and IBM Rational.
* Experience managing projects with the use of a formal methodology.
* Ability to consult and provide advice; facilitate discussion and resolve conflict; develop relationships with key project stakeholders; recognize and deal with multi-culture environment; and establish trust, credibility and respect.
* Ability to motivate a team to work together towards a common goal and achieve cooperation within the team.
* The ability to be flexible, to adapt to change, and work well in a fast paced, participative, deadline-oriented environment
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, and effectively in a team environment
* Ability to communicate clearly, tactfully, and candidly to all audience levels; excellent interpersonal skills (written and oral) with staff and stakeholders.
* Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternatives, and identify a solution.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than DATE. Please reference Item #7793 – GOER-BV when responding. When responding, The Vacancy ID # should not be included.