Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e., Engineering, Architecture, Project/Construction Management).
• Minimum of five (5) years of full-time equivalent work experience.
• Complete understanding and knowledge of safety, best management practices, and phases of construction work.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Self-motivated and self-sufficient with an ability to multitask in order to complete the above-mentioned responsibilities.
• Knowledge/experience using AutoCAD.
• Proactive, with a sharp focus on attention to detail.
• Ability to meet schedules and deliverable deadlines (time management).
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and the ability to quickly incorporate client/supervisor feedback.
• Ability to manage multiple personalities and communicate your client’s expectations regarding all aspects of the construction project (safety, quality, schedule, budget, etc.).
• Eager to learn and able to consistently expand your knowledge base.
Duties Description It is the responsibility of the Site Representative to oversee, coordinate and facilitate State University Construction Fund (SUCF) and Campus administered projects with direct responsibilities to Campus pertaining to the construction of the project while reporting on progress and issues to the Assistant Vice President for Capital Planning and coordinating with campus constituents for facility integration.
• delivery of specific assigned Capital Plan projects;
• attend all project meetings;
• conduct daily on-site observations, maintain and publish a log of site activity and progress as a basis of determining if project is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents;
• manage consultants and contractors in delivery of projects;
• coordinate the activities of testing agencies and related inspections;
• prepare and submit weekly reports to Capital Planning Office and SUCF, verify equipment and systems start-ups are conducted and record such activities;
• notify Facilities of scheduled shut down or other events;
• transmit to the contractor the campus and consultant’s interpretation of contract documents;
• evaluate any contractor suggestions for modifications to planned work or specifications and report them with recommendations to the consultant and the Capital Planning Office;
• maintain the job files and drawing library in paper and on line, log and maintain shop drawings and other submissions and addenda;
• review and determine the quantities or percentages of satisfactory work completed and materials stored, and report such to the consultant for the purposes of verifying the contractors pay requests and schedule;
• assist the consultant and campus in project completion and in preparation of punch list, turnover of equipment, close out package and for requirements of contractor and site for certificate of occupancy;
• coordinate with Capital Planning, Facilities, Information Technology Services and Audio Visual campus divisions for integration with contractor and site work as needed;
• ensure public safety around project sites, assure projects do not interrupt normal daily operations of the campus, all while monitoring productivity of contractors and accountability for scheduled completion dates;
• monitor and report on project progress and issues to the Assistant Vice President for Capital Planning.
Additional Comments Application Instructions:
Please submit the following online at https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com
3.contact information (name, email address and telephone number) for three (3) references
Only applications submitted online will be considered.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: extended until December 9, 2018
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
Position Type: Professional
Official Budget Title: Project Director
Campus Title: Site Representative - Capital Projects
Department: Capital Planning
Negotiating Unit: UUP
Salary Grade: SL-4
FLSA Status: Exempt
Competitive Salary - Excellent Benefits
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 210