Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a New York State Professional Engineer License and current registration. To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description This position serves as the supervisor of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Technical Unit located within the System Optimization Bureau. The Unit is tasked with identifying opportunities for NYSDOT to improve traffic operations through the use of ITS Technologies. The Unit is also involved in the evaluation of the operational effectiveness of ITS equipment and strategies. The Supervisor of this Unit will have an essential role in the Department’s engagement in the developing field of Connected and Autonomous vehicles. Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Responsible for System Optimization Bureau operational policies, procedures and activities related to Connected & Autonomous Vehicles, ITS field systems, Asset Management, and Capital Projects
• Provide ITS technical support to the Regions
• Review and approval of special specs for ITS and related equipment
• Ensure initiatives, proposals, and special specifications for projects related to ITS and Transportation Management Centers (TMC’s) are aligned with statewide goals
• Coordinate and Integrate ITS with the Project Development and Information Technology programs and processes
• Maintain awareness of statewide ITS utilization to proliferate best practices
• Maintain awareness of advancements in the ITS industry, including Connected & Autonomous Vehicles.
• Act as a liaison to other state agencies and transportation partners.
• Responsibilities will include participating within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
“If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.”
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, 5th Floor