Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • Must be currently permanent in the title of Human Resources Specialist 1,
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Human Resources Specialist Trainee,
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service to the Human Resources Specialist Trainee.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Human Resources Specialist 2, the incumbent will have a variety of responsibilities including: title classifications and reclassifications; freeze exemptions process; testing and canvassing lists; job postings; interviewing; processing of new hires; coordination of payroll transactions; monitoring of employee probation and performance evaluation programs; supervision of employee benefits; health insurance; retirement system; leaves of absences and workers compensation programs. Will be responsible for a full range of labor relations activities, including but not limited to, grievances, contracts and labor/management agreements, investigations, time and attendance grievances, and arbitration procedures.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
888 Fountain Avenue