Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1450 Western Ave.
Minimum Qualifications NYS employee with permanent status as an Office Assistant 3 and interested in transfer ~OR~ Reachable for permanent appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 3 (Principal Clerk, former title) ~OR~ eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The duties of these positions will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Responsible for the daily operations of the Purchase Unit.
* Ensure that all purchases are supported by approved purchase requisitions (PRs), contain all required backup documentation, and follow all rules and regulations established by the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OSAS), Office of General Services (OGS) and the Office of State Comptroller (OSC) and other control agencies where applicable.
* Ensure that PRs are correctly entered into the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and work closely with Business Services Center to resolve any purchase order creation issues.
* Utilize the Citibank Visa Purchasing Card for the purchasing of commodities from vendors who accept the Visa card following all related rules and regulations.
* Perform monthly visa reconciliations within the SFS system.
* Work with the Payments Unit staff to ensure appropriate PRs are received, required purchase orders are completed and receiving is obtained so that payments can be made on a timely basis.
* Work with the Budget Unit to ensure appropriate funding is available and correct coding is utilized for PRs. Prepare various monthly bank account reconciliations required by the Treasury.
* Ensure that all records within the unit are accurately kept in an orderly fashion and fulfill the requirement of the agency and OSC.
* Track and monitor the status of Agency PRs and POs
* Supervision of staff.
* Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested, please submit a cover letter, your current resume and social security number to verify transfer eligibility for consideration.
This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Employees reachable on the relative Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting.