Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1 OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidate must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1 (DDPS 1) position is responsible for revenue generation, as the position is solely utilized in the Medicaid Compliance Unit. The DDPS 1 position is directly responsible for training and teaching Medicaid compliance to Habilitation Specialists and Treatment Team Leaders. The DDPS 1 will be the back up to the Medicaid Compliance Liaison and will assist with verifying agency-wide billing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
• HCBS Waiver Liaison, moving Taconic DDSO’s work plan forward and assisting Taconic with getting into compliance with the HCBS setting rules by 2021
• Serve as discipline coordinator for all Habilitation Specialists
• Teach and educate Treatment Team Leaders on Medicaid Compliance Standards and effective implementation of standards
• Conduct monthly trainings with Habilitation Specialists 1 and 2, and Treatment Team Leaders
• Participate in monthly training and teleconference meeting with Central Office Medicaid Compliance Unit
• Teach and educate Habilitation Specialists 1 and 2, direct care staff and direct care supervisors on Medicaid Compliance standards and effective implementation of standards
• Complete training on Residential Habilitation/Day Habilitation Coordinator duties for new staff and hold department meetings
• Work with teams to obtain primary and secondary documentation to pass a Medicaid claim
• Maintain expert up to date knowledge of Medicaid standards, and provide consultation to various teams to operationalize and apply Medicaid standards
• Effectively communicate with multiple teams regarding status of validated claims
• Liaison with Central Office Medicaid representative
• Complete inter-agency audits to maintain compliance with billing requirements and standards of practice
• Back up to the Medicaid Compliance Liaison, completing quarterly validation surveys of claims in both residential and program sites, determining whether services were billed correctly with the Medicaid standards
• Back up for assessing and evaluating documentation errors in Medicaid Compliance. Prepare a self-disclosure report and plan of corrective action
Additional Comments NOTE: Travel within the five-county catchment area will be required in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed per OSC travel rules and guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER