Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
960 Elton Street
Minimum Qualifications (1) Must currently be a permanent Nurse 2, SG-16 OR
(2) Must be licensed and registered to practice nursing in New York State and have one year of full time post licensure clinical nursing experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitors individual’s medical/health needs and services.
• Visits each assigned home weekly (minimally) to provide nursing oversight and complete review of items as listed on the Nursing Oversight /RN Weekly Visit.
• Interacts with primary, medical specialists, various clinical staff as necessary.
• Advocate for individuals’ health care needs
• Maintains ongoing communication with med liaison/designee
• Provides support to residential staff in maintaining health services for the individuals.
• Utilizes appropriate reporting mechanisms/chain of command in responding to individual and/or staff issues
• Completes follow-up including documentation for individuals post ER/hospital visit follow-up
• Reviews, comments, initials and dates lab, x-ray, consults, etc. If indicated completes follow-up with practitioner.
• Provides necessary documentation regarding home visits within established time frames.
Provides appropriate nursing services and support/oversight to Residential/Day Hab. staff
• Responds to emergency requests as soon as possible (within and outside caseload).
• Completes nursing assessments and related documentation e.g. RN Notes, nursing log book, etc. thoroughly and within established time frames.
• Provides individual-specific nursing interventions.
• Responds to staff questions regarding individual specific medical/nursing issues.
• Q+As and PONS are current (for caseload) and signed by staff. All PONS are maintained in computer files.
• Provides health related training/consultation to day program, residential staff.
• Annually for each individual in your caseload, completes: review of medical section ISP, medication audit (each home/day program/IES), Maintains current information for RN Health Monitoring Review and Home and Program Information for RN
• Keeps up to date regarding changes to medical section on ISP
• Responsible for obtaining individual’s informed consent for medications, as per BDDSOO Policy.
Provides adequate nursing assessment/supervision of DSAs competency regarding individual –specific nursing delegated procedures including medication administration
• Completes initial medication certification and conducts annual clinical performance evaluations for DSAS for procedures that include but not limited to medication administration (Annual Clinical Nursing Evaluation of Nursing Delegated Tasks)
• Provides training for all staff as needed on new/revised medication policies.
• Provides CMHN, NA and NPC’ with certification/recertification information for data base in a timely manner.
• Completes required medication error documentation and staff medication error remediation
Provides clinical supervision to LPNs
• Provides adequate nursing supervision and completes performance evaluations (as assigned) regarding individual-specific nursing procedures.
Maintains professional skills
• Attends Nursing Discipline meetings.
• Attends/completes on-line mandated DDSO training, as well as available discipline specific training.
• Identifies problems and/or opportunities for personal and/or nursing department improvement (s) and contributes to the development of an action plan.
• Completes special projects/assignments
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), an Increased Hiring Salary ($4,363), Geographic Pay Differential ($12,871), and Downstate Adjustment ($3,026). Additional Compensation may apply based on shift assignment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
888 Fountain Avenue