Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
59th Street Day Program
Minimum Qualifications Permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 2 in a New York State agency eligible for transfer
At least one year of permanent services in a title eligible for 70.1 transfer pursuant to Civil Service Law
Reachable on the current New York State Civil Service list for Habilitation Specialist 2
Must be a qualified employee of New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c services as a Habilitation Specialist 1, Habilitation Specialist 1 (Spanish Language) or Habilitation Specialist 1 (Manual Communications).
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Through monitoring and direct interaction, the Habilitation Specialist 2 must ensure that individual’s overall programing needs are met. Additionally, the Habilitation Specialist 2 will have an integral role in ensuring Medicaid billing compliance. The selected candidate will also:
- Ensures that day habilitation services are provided in accordance with OPWDD regulations
- Supervise and monitor trainings and work performance of subordinate staff
- Interface with Care Coordinators and other ITT members
- Ensure that all staff are trained on all habilitation documentation
- Make daily classroom rounds
- Review Habilitation and ISP documentation and other records to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Develops, monitors and revises habilitation programs plans as necessary.
- Closely Monitor treatment records to ensure compliance in Day Habilitation documentation
- Monitoring of data entries, service compliance, and inclusions.
- Chair ITT meeting, record and share meeting minutes
- Provide needed documentation relevant to habilitation plans during ISP meetings and record reviews.
- Meets with the Program Director frequently to discuss program activities, incidents, staff performance, etc.
- Ensure timely submission to Quality Management of incident related documents
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Travel may be required.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
888 Fountain Avenue