Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2230 64th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11204
Minimum Qualifications TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES:
• Candidate must currently be a Developmental Assistant 1, SG-12,
• eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
• Candidate must currently be reachable on the Civil Service List.
• For qualified employees of New York State on or before the date of the examination, candidate must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had 12 months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Direct Support Assistant Or Direct Support Assistant/IRM – SG 9; Licensed Practical nurse SG 10 or 11.
Duties Description SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Developmental Assistants perform and supervise staff in the performance of a wide variety of functions and tasks in support of persons with developmental disabilities.
• The incumbent will assume management, administrative and program responsibilities under the guidance of the Treatment Team Leader and Developmental Assistant 2 and Developmental Assistant 3, including OT management, staffing assignments, environmental issues, monitoring of time and attendance and overall individual care.
Please note: The incumbent must have a valid N.Y.S. driver’s license and must be AMAP, SCIP, CPR, and First Aid certified. All staff must have updated certifications and trainings before applying for a posting. Certification obtained from an outside agency will not be accepted.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
888 Fountain Avenue