Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
328 State Street
Duties Description Job Duties:
• Responsible for the filing of judgments in appropriate county clerk’s office for all penalties, assessments and claims issued by the Board under sections 26-a, 52(5), 52(1)(d), 131(3), 213 and 220 of the WCL.
• Answer all correspondence assigned in a timely and professional manner.
• Negotiate with judgment debtors/employers, their attorneys, insurance representatives or other legal representatives to resolve judgments.
• Resolve outstanding penalties and judgments for employers who have been issued a Stop Work Order.
• Timely filing of court documents related to the Board’s judgments including Notice of Appearance in foreclosure actions.
• Serve as a legal source for research and analysis of legal issues pertaining to judgments filed by the Board and related issues.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #8233 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.