Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1450 Western Ave
Minimum Qualifications Permanent status as an Office Assistant 2 Calculations, SG-9 and interested in reassignment, OR Reachable for permanent appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 2 Calculations, SG-9, OR Eligible to transfer via 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Incumbent will provide administrative and clerical support to the Provider Monitoring and Funding Unit. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Calculate monthly and/or quarterly Local Assistance advance payments for Individual Providers or Counties utilizing Excel spreadsheets and budget reports
• Run necessary reports in the State Aid Budget Reporting System (SABRS) and the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Accurately enter advance payment vouchers into SFS.
• Review Final claims submitted by individual Providers or Counties to ensure all required documentation is received.
• Contact Providers or Counties either by phone or written communications/emails in reference to missing documents.
• Create written communications (letters/email) to notify Providers of the outcome of their reconciliation.
• Enter/complete various SFS transactions such as Accounts Payable (AP) journal vouchers, General Ledger (GL) journal vouchers, refund of appropriations (ROA) and report of monies (ROM)/revenue transactions.
• Review and update payroll check sort information weekly and participate in the check sort process.
• Communicate with Direct Providers, Counties, OASAS Regional Office, Budget, Contracts and Procurements staff by telephone or written communication/email.
• Maintain various records/information, including updating Excel spreadsheets/logs, scanning documents, saving documents in Shared Bureau folders on the system, and filing into appropriate Provider or County folders in the cabinets.
• Complete special projects as assigned by Supervisor
• Deposit checks into bank account.
• Other relative duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue
Notes on ApplyingIf interested, please submit a cover letter, current resume and SS# to verify transfer eligibility.
This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Employees reachable on the relative Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting.