Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience in commercial insurance, two years of which must include insurance customer service, insurance broker or insurance underwriting experience. An associate degree may substitute for two years of the general commercial insurance industry experience; a bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of the general commercial insurance industry experience; and a master’s degree may substitute for one year of the general commercial insurance experience.
Experience as a field investigator, fraud investigator, health benefits administrator, or experience in personal insurance lines including health, life, auto, and home insurance involving: sales, customer service, call center service, claims processing, claims adjustment, and/or examination.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Casualty Insurance Analyst 2s, the Insurance Coordinator 1s primary function will be to assist agency customers in meeting their insurance needs. BRIM provides centralized insurance expertise for state entities along with access to commercial insurance products for risk management needs throughout New York State. BRIM will be divided into three distinct but interconnected units, Insurance Expertise, Self-Insured Programs, and Insurance Procurement.
• Negotiate, develop, prepare, review, and provide insurance requirements requested by customers.
• Consult with OGS business units to communicate contractual risk of a scope of work and review insurance needs in order to meet contract requirements or State mandated policy and/or concerns.
• Review insurance documentation to ensure compliance with contract terms and provide guidance to resolve any discrepancies.
• Communicate contractual risks to customers.
• Track all communication with contractors for the procurement record.
• Upon contract award, prepare all new contractors to be tracked for follow-up and review upon insurance renewals.
• Learn to research risk in scopes of work and how it applies to a contract's insurance requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.