Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list, or;
Candidates must have served in an Assistant Workers’ Compensation Examiner, SG-9 title, or must have permanently served at least one year in a title designated as appropriate for transfer in accordance with Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Transfer eligible titles include but may not be limited to: Office Assistant 2, Office Assistant 2 Calculations, Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding.
Duties Description The position of Assistant Workers Compensation Examiner would be assigned to the Financial Management section of the Special Funds group within Financial Services and would encompass but not be limited to the following duties:
• Review requests for medical reimbursement for proper case information against CIS so they may be entered in SDF database.
• Review requests for medical and indemnity reimbursement against SDF claim records for proper application of apportionment and SDF liability.
• Review requests for medical and indemnity reimbursement against SDF claim records to ensure that no approved requests have already been paid, which would result in an overpayment to the insurance carrier or self-insured employer.
• Review requests for indemnity reimbursement against SDF claim records and CIS to ensure that appropriate payment rates are used to calculate reimbursement amounts.
• Review requests for medical reimbursement against SDF claim records to ensure only causally related treatment to established sites is approved for reimbursement.
• Enter results of reimbursement review into tracking database and generate responses to insurance carriers or self-insured employers as necessary.
• Assist with the organization and maintenance of medical reimbursement request forms.
• Assist other sections within the Special Funds group with tasks or backlogs as needed which may include data entry, mail sorting or distribution, and review of claims files for settlement and hearing scheduling tasks.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Items #3059, #4355 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.