Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list, or;
Candidates must have permanently served at least one year in a title designated as appropriate for transfer in accordance with Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Transfer eligible titles include but may not be limited to: Office Assistant 2, Office Assistant 2 Calculations, Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding.
Duties Description The judgment unit files approximately 7,000 judgments per year with many tens of thousands filed judgments from years past.
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of WC/DB Law, rules and regulations in relation to judgment unit issues. Correctly identify issues raised by correspondence or inquiries and timely provide information to all parties.
• Respond to telephone inquiries from employers and their representatives regarding judgments, penalties and related matters concerning employers’ records with the WCB.
• Prepare notices of appearance in foreclosure actions for attorney signature.
• Open unit hardcopy mail, sort and distribute to appropriate person.
• Answer queued correspondence.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #244 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.