Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1. Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have a current permanent appointment within a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title.
2. Reassignment Requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo.
3. Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or transferable title).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDEREDUNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED**
A completed application is required to be considered for this position. If you have received a canvass letter. DO NOT APPLY to this position. You must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and written communication skills are required.
• Strong computer skills are required, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite.
• A commitment to diversity and an appreciation for working with diverse populations is required.
• Ability to work collaboratively.
• Previous hands-on experience working with databases and student information systems is strongly preferred, preferably with an admission CRM system.
Duties Description Position Summary:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Admission Operations, the Office Assistant 1 is responsible for a full range of duties to support the operations of the Office of Graduate Admission. S/he will play an integral part in carrying out daily operational tasks such as application processing, data entry and management, phone coverage, mailings, and assisting office visitors. Superior customer service skills, professionalism, and attention to detail are paramount in the success of this position.
• Provide outstanding customer service, while demonstrating patience and understanding, to students, families, and faculty/staff who are seeking information.
• Efficiently manage the data entry and electronic imaging process for all admission student information including: applications, transcripts, recommendations, test scores, admission decisions, and inquiry cards.
• Ensures submitted applications have the required supplemental materials necessary for a faculty review; follow up with applicants as necessary to ensure materials are received by relevant deadlines.
• Coordinate the process of application review assignments to the appropriate department faculty/staff.
• Coordinate the logistics of various mailings (acceptance letters/folders, inquiry packets, etc…).
• Along with other Office Assistants, serve as primary for phone coverage of the main office line.
• Assist prospective students in person, online, and over the phone regarding the application process and requirements for all GSE graduate programs.
The Office of Graduate Admission seeks to meet and/or exceed specified enrollment goals by identifying, recruiting, and yielding the highest quality students whose personal, professional, and academic goals align with the core purpose of the Graduate School of Education—to inform and prepare a profession to positively shape human development, education, and the information environment in local, national, and global contexts.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.