Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
777 Seaview Ave; Bldg 1
Minimum Qualifications Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and to communicate orally and in writing to exchange information. Candidates with experience in commercial cleaning preferred.
Duties Description Incumbent performs a variety of cleaning and care tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
* Picks up and removes hazardous articles which may be on floors, furniture, and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places.
* Using mops, brushes, and other cleaning implements, washes floors, corridors, stairwells, walls, partitions, and windows from the inside of buildings.
* Using manual and/or mechanical equipment, vacuums and waxes floors and shampoos carpets.
* Using hand-operated equipment and detergents, scrubs and cleans lavatories.
* Using appropriate equipment, such as ladders, washes light fixtures and replaces light bulbs.
* Polishes wood and metal fixtures and equipment.
* Reports need for building repairs and recommends to superior the repair and replacement of furniture, building fixtures, and household equipment.
* Supervision of staff.
* Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Salary Range for Housekeeper:
$32,325 - $39,941*
*Plus $3,026 Location Pay
Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
South Beach ATC is a tobacco-free facility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue