Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as a Human Resources Specialist 2 (Labor Relations) or one year of permanent competitive service in a position eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law or reachable for appointment on the Human Resources Specialist 2 (Labor Relations) eligible list.
Duties Description Reporting to the Director, Human Resources 3 and/or Associate Director, Human Resources 1, the duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, develop, and direct the labor relations program for DOS;
- Direct the implementation of collective bargaining agreements;
- Represent DOS in both statewide and agency level negotiations and participate in labor management committees;
- Provide expert advice and assistance to program managers and supervisors in disciplinary matters;
- Conduct difficult and sensitive hearings and investigations;
- Prepare witnesses for both direct and cross examination at disciplinary arbitration hearings, and prepare and present opening statement outlining witness testimony, case evidence, and the theory of the case; and,
- Act as liaison with DOS' Office of General Counsel on issues involving employee relations activities, including litigation involving disciplinary action or grievance determinations, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Division of Human Rights complaints
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in being considered for this position, please respond by e-mail with the subject line "Human Resources Specialist 2 (Labor Relations)" with a cover letter and an up-to-date copy of your resume.