Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor of Education Programs.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the following titles: Associate in Bilingual Education, Associate in Continuing Education, Associate in Early Childhood Education, Associate in Education Improvement Services, Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation, or Associate in Instructional Services.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education (ACCES) is seeking candidates for a Supervisor of Education Programs position in the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision. This Office supervises approximately 400 post-secondary, non-degree schools licensed in New York State to ensure compliance with the Education Law and the Commissioner's Regulations as they pertain to this sector. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide oversight of post-secondary, non-degree schools to ensure compliance with Education Law and Commissioner's Regulations;
• Coordinate technical assistance provided to schools by members of the Education Team;
• Oversee work assignments of the Education Team, prioritize assignments, and act as a liaison between schools and an assigned educator;
• Work with Investigations & Audit Unit to maximize effectiveness of field inspections through joint visits;
• Oversee technical assistance provided to educators regarding reports and letters to the field;
• Attend meetings of other BPSS teams to promote coordination of work;
• Report to the Director regularly on issues needing input and complete special projects, as assigned; and
• Supervise and evaluate team members who conduct regular site visits to approximately 400 licensed private career schools.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This position requires 20-50% statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 27, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2138/65004) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 27, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2138/65004) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.