Please note: State agencies that contact job applicants do not usually request personal or financial information via text message or over the phone in connection with your response to a job posting. If you are contacted for such information by these methods, or any other method, please verify the identity of the individual before transmitting such information to that person.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Date Posted 12/06/18
AgencyCivil Service, Department of
TitleMotor Vehicle Operator
Occupational CategorySkilled Craft, Apprenticeship, Maintenance
Bargaining UnitOSU - Operational Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $32325 to $39941 Annually
Employment Type Full-Time
Travel Percentage 75%
Hours Per Week 37.5
From 8 AM
To 4 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? No
Street Address Agency Building 1
Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications Candidate must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License and the ability to lift and carry 50-60 pounds.
Duties Description The Motor Vehicle Operator in this assignment typically performs the following duties:
• Driving motor vehicles to transport people, material, and equipment as required, including outgoing and incoming Departmental mail.
• Moving or carrying cargo into or out of the vehicle operated; and from the vehicle to the delivery or storage point.
• Tending to routine maintenance of motor vehicles, including gas tank refills, vehicle cleaning, and oil changes.
• Posting inventories and other records of transported goods using Microsoft Excel.
• Assembling, packaging and processing materials for transport or shipment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.