Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five years of experience as follows:
• Eliciting and documenting functional and non-functional requirements.
• Documenting as-is and future state business processes.
• Tracing requirements throughout the Secure Software Development Life Cycle.
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4, SG25, within the Behavioral Health Portfolio/Business Solutions/Office of Mental Health Section, these positions serve as Business and Quality Assurance Analysts and will support the following projects: Mental Health Automated Record System (MHARS), Decentralized List Management System (DLMS), Forensic Tracking System (FORTS), and Concerts, which is a web application used to track licensed and non-licensed programs and services of Mental Health Providers. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performing information gathering activities, including document analysis and system observation.
• Reviewing and documenting current or as-is state of the business processes.
• Developing documentation of desired future state of business process or function(s).
• Identifying and documenting business process changes required based on changes to Federal, State, or local laws and statutes.
• Validating proposed business process or IT system changes with stakeholders through structured walkthroughs.
• Creating and maintaining the appropriate artifacts for documentation and communication of requirements, including use cases, business requirements documents, context diagrams, business process models both “as-is” and “to-be” data flow diagrams and wireframes.
• Working with program staff to elicit business process improvement requirements throughout the project and enhancement life cycle, obtaining sign-off by stakeholders as appropriate.
• Ensuring requirement traceability throughout the software development lifecycle (ex. Requirements document -> Use Case -> Test Cases, etc.).
• Reviewing, creating and maintaining system documentation including functional documentation.
• Creating and reviewing training plans and facilitating user training on new IT systems.
• Performing data analysis activities.
• Creating and providing accurate time estimates for the completion of business analysis, training and quality assurance tasks as input to the project schedule.
• Mentoring junior business analysis staff in the creation of accurate estimates for business analysis, training and quality assurance tasks.
• Mentoring junior business analysis staff in requirements elicitation and documentation techniques leveraging best practices and standards.
• Assisting with system integration, load and performance test planning, testing and validation efforts.
• Developing test scenarios and executing the tests, providing details of whether the test scenario passed or failed, and if failed, the resolution.
• Completing system integration testing and recording defects as needed.
• Automating system integration test scripts where possible.
• Facilitating User Acceptance Testing.
• Triaging of incidents reported by system users, including root cause analysis.
• Defect troubleshooting and triaging with developers, as needed.
• Ensuring written and oral communications are clear and appropriate for the target audience.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Assistant, Ref. #18633, and clearly describe how you qualify.
NYS Office of Information Technology Services
Human Resource Services
Empire State Plaza
PO Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220
Or email: HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov