Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Seven years of experience listed below, including one year of supervisory experience:
• Leading the development, implementation and maintenance of .NET applications which leverage the MVC Core framework
• Writing SQL code to create and maintain database packages, procedures, functions and triggers
• Writing application code that adheres to Secure Software Development guidelines
• Developing, implementing and maintaining HL7, XML and other interfaces to exchange data between systems
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and six years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and five years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and four years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
Duties Description Under the direction of a Manager of Information Technology Services 2, M3, within the Behavioral Health Portfolio/Business Solutions/Office of Mental Health Section, this project position will serve as an Application Development Lead for the Forensic Tracking System (FORTS) and Concerts projects. Concerts is a web application used for tracking licensed and non-licensed programs and services of Mental Health providers. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Leading the development and implementation of .NET applications which leverage the MVC Core framework.
• Writing SQL code to create and maintain database packages, procedures, functions and triggers.
• Writing SQL and PL/SQL code to analyze data, and execute scheduled data extract requests.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining HL7, XML and other interfaces to send and receive data between systems as needed.
• Creating data conversion and migration load scripts as needed.
• Completing unit testing.
• Creating and/or providing input for infrastructure as well as application and database architecture design.
• Creating technical documentation including architecture diagrams and code comments based on industry standards.
• Actively adapting to changing technology needs and frameworks to best serve the technical and business needs of the organization.
• Collaborating with business analysts to translate requirements into system designs which meet business objectives, adapting more efficient processes where possible.
• Leveraging the Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) for all activities.
• Leveraging middleware solutions, like BizTalk, as a means of establishing and maintaining standard interfaces that send/receive data between systems.
• Leveraging best practices, patterns and standards for development of new and existing systems.
• Mentoring and training staff, enforcing programming standards, and coordinating work assignments.
• Performing peer code reviews for other application developers.
• Creating accurate time estimates for the completion of technical documentation, programming, code reviews, unit test creation and execution tasks.
• Mentoring mid-level and junior developer staff in the creation of accurate estimates for application development tasks.
• Mentoring mid-level and junior developer staff in code writing techniques which leverage best practices, patterns and standards for development of new and existing systems.
• Working with other support teams as needed to ensure application health including patching, monitoring and upgrades as appropriate.
• Working with Release Management to create deployment packages for application upgrades.
• Assisting in the coordination of application migrations.
• Assisting with system integration, load and performance test planning and validation efforts.
• Assisting in the completion of system integration tests and remediation of issues as needed.
• Assisting with the creation and maintenance of functional documentation.
• Debugging, troubleshooting and remediating application break/fix issues as needed.
• Maintaining excellent written and oral communication.
• Performing supervisory related tasks for state and/or contract staff.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Coordinator, Ref. #18640 and clearly describ how you qualify.
NYS Office of Information Technology Services
Human Resource Services
Empire State Plaza
PO Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220
Or email: HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov