Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Swan Street Bldg., Core 4
Minimum Qualifications Candidates for this position must be a current NYS employee and meet one of the minimum qualifications stated below:
Transfer: One year of permanent competitive service as a Director Financial Administration 5, M-5, or in a position at the M-4 level or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law such as Director Financial Administration 4, M-4. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades or one M grade.
Provisional: There is currently no Civil Service eligible list for this title. Therefore, candidates who meet the following Civil Service Minimum Qualifications may be eligible for provisional appointment: one year of permanent competitive service in any financial management or budgeting title at, or above SG29/M3.
NOTE: If you are appointed provisionally, you are responsible for taking the next Civil Service examination given for this title. In order to be permanently appointed to the item, you must pass the examination and be reachable for appointment on the resulting eligible list. If you do not take, pass and achieve a reachable score on the examination, you may not be retained in the position.
NCP: If there are no more than three qualified candidates in the direct line promotion field for this position, the agency may request approval from the Department of Civil Service to fill this position via a Non-Competitive Promotion (NCP) examination, pursuant to Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. In order to be eligible for a NCP, candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive service in a Assistant Director Financial Administration 3 (M-3) or Director Financial Administration 4 (M-4).
- Experience working in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Excellent technical skills in budgeting and financial management.
- Working knowledge of Internal controls and Human Resources.
- Experience in the development, reorganization, and/or consolidation of financial or budget organizations.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Chief Administration Officer, this position will serve as Director of Financial Administration within the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent will direct the Budget, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Rate Setting and Procurement and Contracts programs, and be responsible for conducting extensive evaluations of program goals and objectives establishing policy adjustments and implementation to assure compliant financial policy and effective fiscal control. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the Budget, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Procurement and Contracts programs and coordinate the diverse internal fiscal operations into a cohesive organization.
• Oversee the non-personal services (NPS) transfer, service catalog development, and rate development projects.
• Recommend and establish policy and best practices to ensure appropriate standardized financial policies and fiscal controls for effective procurement, rate development and billing, payments, contracting and budget.
• Provide ITS budget briefings to the Division of the Budget, the Legislature, and agency management.
• Contribute to ITS's strategic direction, providing recommendations and assisting the Chief Administration Officer and other executive staff as they identify and prioritize management issues.
• Assist the Chief Administration Officer to ensure execution of financial management and budget projects related to the IT consolidation; provide recommendations to Executive Officers.
• Perform full range of supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Comments Approval to fill this position is pending. Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Louise C. Nails and indicate that you are applying for Director Financial Administration 5, Ref #13692, no later than December 18, 2018. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above and describe relevant experience for this position.
Your Social Security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.