Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Seven years of experience in the review, investigation, and/or evaluation of compliance with equal employment opportunity laws, rules and regulations; in the planning, development, implementation, and review of programs dealing with equal employment opportunity, human rights, affirmative action, minority business program coordination, and/or labor relations directly relating to affirmative action; or in the development and administration of programs designed to facilitate minority community access to employment or business opportunities in the public and private sector. One year of this experience must have been at a supervisory level. A bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of the non-supervisory experience. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the non-supervisory experience.
Duties Description Duties:
The incumbent for this position will assist with assuring Equal Employment Opportunity Compliance. They will also be responsible for assuring that contractors, subcontractors, consultants public and private not-for-profit organizations, and minority women and disadvantaged businesses doing business with the Department of Transportation and its sub-recipients comply with Federal and State Equal Opportunity statutes, rules, regulations, policies, and Executive Orders governing businesses receiving public funds for goods and services. The incumbent may supervise a staff including Compliance Specialist 1’s, technical and/or clerical staff.
The incumbent will:
• Provide technical assistance to Department staff, consultants and contractors to achieve or maintain contractual compliance;
• Perform in-depth Federal Compliance Reviews;
• Prepare regular reports of program activities for the agency and other State and Federal agencies;
• Monitor contract activity and progress to ensure contractual compliance;
• Conduct site visits to ensure contract compliance;
Meet with contractors to discuss and negotiate solutions regarding steps needed to effect program compliance;
• Provide training for the designated Affirmative Action Officers of consultants, contractors, etc.;
• Investigate and resolve complaints from the public, and individuals about the program or individual contractors;
• Coordinate program activities within the agency and with Federal, State, and Local agencies and organizations; and
• Meet with community groups, contractors, labor unions, consultants, minority organizations, etc., to discuss the program and the goals and objectives.
Responsibilities also may include participating within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than December 21, 2018, to:
New York State Department of Transportation
ATTN: Kacie Marzano
50 Wolf Road, 1PL
Albany, NY 12232
PLEASE INCLUDE THE TITLE AND ITEM NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN RESPONDING.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.