Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates for a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position in the Riverhead satellite office. This Office assists persons with disabilities to attain employment, educational and/or independent living goals. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise and direct a unit of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors who plan and coordinate the vocational rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities;
• Assign new cases to staff for evaluation and the preparation of an Individualized Plan for Employment with the consumer;
• Evaluate the progress of counselors’ case activities to ensure that cases are being handled properly and expeditiously;
• Expedite the processing of case referrals by developing and maintaining relationships with referral sources; and
• Conduct training for new counselors and interns in the techniques and principles of rehabilitation counseling through personal instruction and work review.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $91,150 based on annual performance advances.
**This salary includes a $3,026 annual Downstate adjustment.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 27, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2146/43023) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 27, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2146/43023) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.