Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current NYS employee with one year of permanent or contingent-permanent service in a title at or above SG-23 and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the general guidance of the Director of Human Resources Management, the Associate Director of Human Resources 1 assists in leading the staff of the Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) whose purpose is to provide workforce solutions and services as it relates to department or division wide human resources issues. In this capacity, an incumbent provides policy direction and oversight to the department’s Employee Benefits and Payroll sections. Functions include:
• Provides oversight of the Department’s Employee Benefits, Payroll, Personnel Transactions and HRIS maintenance units.
• Coordinates the activities of assigned units, providing direction to the unit supervisors.
• Represents the Department at meetings and conferences on personnel administration matters and the resolution of specific problems or proposals.
• Consults with Division management on the impact of proposed or actual changes in Civil Service Law and Rules. Reviews existing procedures to determine necessary revisions and initiates corrective action.
• Provides oversight for the administration of the agency's reasonable accommodation policies and procedures and the review of requests for reasonable accommodations to determine appropriateness of requests.
• Must be able to communicate, both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers such as program managers, department employees, control agencies and vendors.
• Ensures the application of civil service law, policies and procedures and all related State and Federal employment laws including but not limited to state finance law, unemployment insurance law, retirement and social security law are adhered to and DTF management are kept apprised of issues which are sensitive, agency-wide and/or strategic in nature.
• Ensures all aspects of DTF’s payroll and personnel transaction functions including oversight of the design and development of internal automation efficiencies for OHRM users and agency customers including upgrades of HRIS are implemented.
• Ensures timely processing and delivery of payroll services.
• Evaluates staff performance to ensure consistent application of established policies and procedures.
• Maximizes customer service and communications including the oversight of design and development of innovative uses of agency-wide databases to inform employees about a variety of personnel and payroll issues, compensation, benefits, current events and upcoming changes. Ensures timely and accurate communication.
• Oversees human resource data management information systems which are used to inform and assist management in operational and strategic decision making.
• Responds, both orally and in writing, to sensitive or complex matters concerning employee benefits and payroll issues.
• Oversees activities relating to special projects initiated by internal and external directives.
• Meets the department's time and attendance requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Building 9, Room 256